Makr.io isn’t your traditional website - it’s a fun way to make things with other people instead of just browsing, and a simple way to remix posts instead of just recycling the same old stuff.
This idea of collaborating with others online is and is not new - people are already sharing ideas with each other on the Internet, but they aren’t building on those ideas. On Makr, a simple idea with photos and text can morph into a living, breathing conversation.
Makr has captured something that is rarely found on the Internet today - the idea that people can recreate real-time events online. One of our first Makrs, Goldie, discovered this after hosting her own “Makr Party” with her friends:
“At one point there were ten of us in the house online at the same time. When someone had something particularly funny they would shout “wait for it” and then as the post loaded onto each screen there would be a chain of laughter. It was profoundly satisfying environment to be in. The laughing was the best part. In all of my use and abuse of social media this is the first time saw people celebrating what happens online in real life.”
We want you to be able to get in on this fun too, so we came up with some simple steps to have the best time you’ve ever had on the Internet (seriously).
HOW TO MAXIMIZE MAKR.IO FUN
1. GRAB YOUR FRIENDS. Just tell them to bring their laptops or desktops or whatever.
2. SIGN UP for Makr.io (if you haven’t already).
3. POST STUFF. Go into the depths of your internet folder and get your best images and gifs. Add text or themes to give them your own spin.
4. GIVE FEEDBACK. The internet is just a giant love machine, and Makrs love knowing you got a good chuckle out of their cleverness. If you really want to show someone you care, remix them, and start a riff that might last for hours (or even days).
5. RINSE & REPEAT. I promise it will make for one of the best nights you have had in a long time.
BONUS: If you host your own Makr party, send the emails and usernames of the people who are coming over to email@example.com. Just give us at least 24 hours notice and live somewhere that you can get a pizza delivered to. We’ll have a cheese pizza delivered to your door.
Makr.io loves Shark Week. We love it so much we’re having a Premiere Party at our house on Sunday, and we’re going to be posting Shark Week jokes on Makr, eating pizza, and laughing/screaming in terror. It’s going to be awesome.
BUT we shouldn’t be the only ones having fun - if you get some of your friends to come over and watch Shark Week while playing on Makr.io with us, we might just send you a free pizza. Doesn’t matter where you are - you bring the people, we bring the pizza.
Go to our event page for details: https://www.facebook.com/events/502944776399027/
SEE YOU THERE SHARK LOVERS.
<3 The Makr.io Team